A "drink recommendation" suggests when most wines from the vintage will be at their best. These are general guidelines, not hard-and-fast rules. Individual wines may vary, and proper storage is crucial to keeping wines in their best condition. Here are the definitions of each of our recommendations:
- Drink: Most of the wines can be enjoyed now and will see little or no improvement if stored.
- Hold: Most of the ageworthy wines have yet to fully mature; they should improve over time if stored properly.
- Drink or Hold: The wines can be enjoyed now, though may benefit from more time in the bottle if you enjoy the characteristics of older wines.
- Past Peak: Most of the wines are declining.
- NYR: Most of the wines from the vintage have not yet been released; without sufficient evaluations based on blind tastings, we can not provide a recommendation.